This is TikiWiki 1.9.7 -Sirius- © 2002–2006 by the Tiki community Wed 03 of Jun, 2020 [14:17 UTC]

Forum: Hot Heads Tech Talk

Forums->Hot Heads Tech Talk->Valve covers for adjustable rockers??

Valve covers for adjustable rockers??

Awhile back a friend found a set of Imperial valve covers at a swap meet that had dimples along the edges. He sent me a picture but I told him to pass on them as I thought it was something someone had done at home (even though they looked concentric)! Then recently I found a picture of the old Surfers dragster engine with the same type of dimples. I always thought the relief dimples were in between the spark plug holes. Is this a factory version? If so what did they come on? I wish I could attach the picture!
  user offline
on: Mon 21 of Jan, 2019 [16:26 UTC] reads: 12463

Posted messages

author message
user offline
Re: Valve covers for adjustable rockers??
on: Mon 28 of Jan, 2019 [00:43 UTC] score: 0.00
I have been is somewhat the same spot. I have a couple 325 Dodge Hemi engines with adjustable rockers. I have the old hump type with no names. I made aluminum spacers to raise a set of the old 53-54 RED RAM type for clearance. They were chrome, so didn't want to mess up the chrome. Had to splice in a piece on each sparkplug tube. That was fun. Have a set of SUPER RED RAM type. Trying so figure out if I want to go that spacer and tube extension way again or try putting bumps in the covers. They are not chrome yet. I have seen on industrial 315 with SUPER RED RAM covers. They had humps and were galvanized. Only type I ever saw like that.

author message
user offline
Re: Valve covers for adjustable rockers??
on: Tue 22 of Jan, 2019 [15:04 UTC] score: 0.00
I believe all "Imperial' covers were smooth. The dimpled Firepower ones were used on the 300s.

Page: 1/1

Show posts: