This is TikiWiki 1.9.7 -Sirius- © 2002–2006 by the Tiki community Sat 26 of Sep, 2020 [19:30 UTC]

Forum: Hot Heads Tech Talk

Forums->Hot Heads Tech Talk->331 vs 315

331 vs 315

looking for advice . I have a '57 315 out of a truck and several early 331's . wondering which one to build to repower a '51 pickup. all would require rebuilding. curious about part availability and possible speed parts and costs.
  user offline
on: Tue 04 of Aug, 2020 [01:58 UTC] reads: 1000

Posted messages

author message
user offline
Re: 331 vs 315
on: Tue 04 of Aug, 2020 [22:38 UTC] score: 0.00
>The short tail 331's have aluminum intake available. The tall deck 315 and 325 Dodge do not.
You can get a hydraulic roller cam for about $600 with a regular cam gear pinned on it, so you don't need a bronze dizzy gear. Use the HH adapter for the small block Chevy water pump. I prefer the 315 and 325 Dodge as I have 3 of the 325's All Mopar small blocks have the same trannny bolt pattern, just indexing pins in different locations. HH sells an adapter for a GM HEI dizzy that works great. I like the 1500 to 5500 hydraulic roller cam for my pickup. Lots of torque for a pickup for towing your antique cars on a trailer or a camper for swap meets. I have converted a low deck aluminum intake to fit one of mine, but a real job. Best to just find a cast iron factory one. If on a budget and you need a bore, you can use 325 pistons. That gives you 9.25 to CR and you can run any gas. Good luck.

Page: 1/4  [next]

Show posts: