This is TikiWiki 1.9.7 -Sirius- © 2002–2006 by the Tiki community Sat 27 of Feb, 2021 [18:38 UTC]

Forum: Hot Heads Tech Talk

Forums->Hot Heads Tech Talk->Re: 331 vs 315

Re: 331 vs 315

>The short tail 331's have aluminum intake available. The tall deck 315 and 325 Dodge do not.
You can get a hydraulic roller cam for about $600 with a regular cam gear pinned on it, so you don't need a bronze dizzy gear. Use the HH adapter for the small block Chevy water pump. I prefer the 315 and 325 Dodge as I have 3 of the 325's All Mopar small blocks have the same trannny bolt pattern, just indexing pins in different locations. HH sells an adapter for a GM HEI dizzy that works great. I like the 1500 to 5500 hydraulic roller cam for my pickup. Lots of torque for a pickup for towing your antique cars on a trailer or a camper for swap meets. I have converted a low deck aluminum intake to fit one of mine, but a real job. Best to just find a cast iron factory one. If on a budget and you need a bore, you can use 325 pistons. That gives you 9.25 to CR and you can run any gas. Good luck.
  user offline
on: Tue 04 of Aug, 2020 [23:38 UTC] reads: 169

Posted messages


Page: 1/0

Show posts: